Listening to your favourite music releases dopamine
People who become euphoric over music unleash dopamine, a brain chemical that also induces the sense of reward that comes from food, psychoactive drugs and money, an unusual study says.
McGill University researchers in Montreal, Canada, recruited eight volunteers aged 19-24 among 217 people who responded to advertisements requesting people who experienced "chills" - a marker of extreme pleasure - when listening to music.After careful selection, the volunteers were put into a positron emission tomography (PET) scanner, which is able to spot a tagged chemical, raclopride, that works on dopamine receptors in brain cells.
They were also wired up to sensors that measured them for heartbeat, respiration, temperature and skin conductance.
Listening to their favourite piece of spine-tingling music, the volunteers showed a rush of physical activity and also unlocked a release of dopamine in the striatum area of the brain.
I will now summarize this article into a short paragraph...
In a recent study, it shows that listening to music realeases dopamine. Dopamine is a type of a brain chemical. The study was done by McGill University, done to 217 people. These people were pit into a special type of room which could sense their reactions. Then, they connected some wires to their bodies for heartbeat and body temperature and stuff. One of their reaction was this-that dopamine came out of their bodies.
This is my summary...I hope it's not TOO short!! Anyway, now I'll paraphrase another article..I'm gonna change my topic to astronomy, since I wanted to be an astronaut, but not now. The article is from this site: http://science.nationalgeographic.com/science/space/universe/origins-universe-article/
Origins of the Theory
A Belgian priest named Georges Lemaître first suggested the big bang theory in the 1920s when he theorized that the universe began from a single primordial atom. The idea subsequently received major boosts by Edwin Hubble's observations that galaxies are speeding away from us in all directions, and from the discovery of cosmic microwave radiation by Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson.
The glow of cosmic microwave background radiation, which is found throughout the universe, is thought to be a tangible remnant of leftover light from the big bang. The radiation is akin to that used to transmit TV signals via antennas. But it is the oldest radiation known and may hold many secrets about the universe's earliest moments.
The big bang theory leaves several major questions unanswered. One is the original cause of the big bang itself. Several answers have been proposed to address this fundamental question, but none has been proven—and even adequately testing them has proven to be a formidable challenge.
Now, I will paraphraze this loooooong article into a short paragraph,,, At least, I'll try to...;;;
The bigbang theory was first proposed by Georges Lemaitre. So people are investigating whether it is true or nor, by Hubble and cosmic microvabe radiation. The cosmis microwave radiation is thought to be the only thing left of bigbang. It is the oldest radiation ever known, and it may have something to do with the universe. However, the bigbang theory leaves questions. One of them is the cause of it. There are several answers to this, but they aren't proven. Also, testing if th answer is true would be a hard thing to do.
It took a really long time to do this thing. It was a pretty big challenge!! But I enjoyed reading articles about ones I am interested in.
Good 지우~~~~
ReplyDeletefrom 현지