Today's Skills Posts is about summarizing and paraphrasing. First, I will summarize one article... About Shark Attacks.
When people go to the beach, they may be worried if they will be attacked by a shark or not. However, it is very unlikely for that to happen. You are more likely to be struck by lightening because in 1 year, 180 people were struck by lightening but only 11 people were attacked by a shark. Also, you are more likely to drown because the percentage of drowing is 1/3,500,000%, but the percentage of being attacked by a shark is 1/11,000,000%. However, if you are still worried, you may travel in groups or stay out of water if you have a cut in your body.
Wow!! I am done with summarizing one article~~ Now, I will paraphrase the second article, about bear attacks...
When people go to the forest, they may be worried if they will be attacked by a bear. However, usually, the bear would run away if they see you. You are more likely to die in a car crash on your way home from the forest. In Yellowstone National Park, they say that people are more likely to drown than to be attacked by a bear. Between 1839 to 1994, 101 people died by drowning and 5 people died by being attacked by bears. However, if you are still worried, you may travel in groups, since bears don't attack a group of 4 or more people. Also, stay calm when you see a bear because they are more likely to attack you if you try to run away.
As you can see, paraphrasing is much longer than summarizing, I think. I guess I'll have to practice more.. I will practice summarizing and paraphrasing on my next post!!
No comments:
Post a Comment